Random Thoughts and Raves

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Anger and Alcoholism


Last night, against my better judgement, I watched the final episode of the Real World Austin on MTV. I know most people who are reading this will probably stop at my mention of the TIRED and overdone show but kudos to those who continue.

PS. Do you remember Kudos the candy bar? OH MY GOD, I havent thought about those in years, oooh why am I such a fat ass?

Typically I like the Real World. I get connected with the people or at least one of them, probably because they are my age and going through similar life experiences. I found this season to be completely different and almost unbearable.

First, they do ONE thing. They drink. I don't mean that they drink occassionally or even socially. They drink like its their job, Betty Ford style. Every night they were out at a bar in Austin called the Dizzy Rooster. Now I have never been to Austin and probably won't make it there BUT I am sure that they have more than one bar. I never did understand the 'only go to one bar mentality.

Plus, and maybe this is just old age speaking how does one do that everynight, too many glasses of wine and I can't drink for weeks.

Anyway, one of the players, Wes second from the right in the above pic (whom I can't stand by the way) was trying to get up on this girl Wren all season. It worked but off camera and no one watching knew about it until last night. Apparently one of the roomies told Wren that they knew that she was a hoe and that she had gotten up on Wes. So drama naturally ensues

When they got back to the house lots of screaming happens and then another roommate, Nehemiah, second from the LEFT in the above pic, got in the middle of it. First of all, I CANNOT stand him. Are you seeing a common theme here? He is one of those militant people who is very aggressive and tends to hit people when he has been drinking. He is loud and annoying and even got arrested for his antics. He got in the middle and started screaming and yelling and acting in general like a lunatic. All of this the day before they are to leave the house. Sad really.

I guess that point that I was getting to is this, I remember when the Real World was cutting edge and they said and did things that had never been seen or heard on TV before. They were the first to show a gay couple, that was normal. They were unapologetic about what they did and they got a huge following because of it. This season officially marks the end of my Real World watching. It was crap, to put it plainly. They drank and that was it. So what, I can drink anytime I want and I don't have to put up with the ridiculous behavior of 20 year olds who can't handle their liquor. So in short, or long, whichever way you look at it;

To the Real World casting directors,

NEXT TIME, GET A CLUE!!!!

To the cast of the Real World Austin, specifically Wes and Nehemiah;

CATCH A PLANE TO LA and CHECK INTO BETTY FORD OR GROW UP!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home