Random Thoughts and Raves

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Camels on DUBS

Alright, I admit it. I LOVE going to google and searching for random images. You can't believe the stuff that you can look at by just putting in one simple phrase. Today, I decided that the picture of the Rolls Royce that was on my screensaver needed updating and thought about the Egyptian pyramids. They have an amazing beauty and tranquility about them. I am sure that it has something to do with the fact that they were built 1000's of years ago by people who weren't a lot less advanced than we are now comparitively.

Anyway, so I surf, I click, and I type in Egyptian Pyramids. Amongst the hundreds of different kinds of pictures that are available is the picture that is to the right. Of course, how could you expect anything to do with Egypt without a picture of a camel being right in the middle of them. After all, that is the most efficient mode of transportation. Think about it. Give it minimal water and it will walk you to the top of the mountain for a buffet lunch (Margaret Cho reference for those of you questioning yourself.)
And with the gas prices escalating the way that they are currently I might have to consider purchasing one. I think I might get odd looks at the intersection of Cedar Springs and Oaklawn in between a BMW and a Mercedes on my camel. This image is causing a peal of laughter at the moment.

Although I do hear that they spit so be careful.

So I got the pic that I wanted of the pyramids but that got me to thinking about the garb that is on the camel. All of those tassels and fancy weaving typically reserved for lamps or rugs or wall hangings in an ancient German castle seem to be out of place on a desert taxi. Could this decoration be the egyptian form of the chrome wheel and ostrich skin interior made popular by sports figures and the idle rich????

Does Habib travel down to the camel decoration store properly named "West Nile Customs" to pimp his camel? Are their different levels of this? Can you get a stock camel or a conversion camel. "COMES COMPLETE WITH EXTRA HUMP AND LEATHER SADDLE BAGS!!!"

I know this is a ridiculous blog but could it be that eastern culture is affected by our western wierdness?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home