Random Thoughts and Raves

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The End of an Era.....

TODAY is 23. Frightening as it seems, it is here and came with a similar attitude that arrived with 22. Its odd and sometimes funny how you always feel a since of renewal on your birthday almost like with every birthday you are born again, facing the world with a completely refreshed attitude that the previous age had given up on long ago.

Today is the beginning of a new year. Most people celebrate their new year on January 1st but isnt your birthday more of a so called "new year". I mean really consider what a birthday. Its the day that you came into the world. Attitudes and opinions fresh and prejudice free from the world. You brought hope to the people around you that you would grow into a respected and well adjusted individual. So I look at my birthday as a day to reflect and to hope. Its refreshing to look at my future in the same way that my parents looked at it when I was born. From this day forward I can do anything that I want. I can accomplish whatever it is that I set my mind to.

When I was a senior in high school, my brother wrote something in the ad in the back that has always stuck with me. He wrote that now (then) was the time to begin to forge myself into a man that others strive to imitate. Theres a goal, now go for it.....

Goodbye 22, you were okay, hello 23, heres hoping that we can do better this time around.

2 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger ninjapoodles said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm sorry I missed it--I always remembered it when you were little.

*sigh* I still remember your mom calling you "Frog Eggs"...and then just Frog or Froglet. Those were the days.

Many happy returns, Froglet.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Your brother knew what he was talking about. See...if you arent going to listen to me...listen to him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home