Random Thoughts and Raves

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Taxes and 'Dallas'

Here it is January 24 and it is eeirly calm around my office. Last year, working in the CPA firm for the first time during tax season I was optimistic that I would be a tremendous help with the general day to day function of the office. This year, I am more and more concerned about exactly how much help I am going to be able to offer.

Without getting too detailed, so you don't fall asleep, I do a combination of things for the firm. I am a general renassiance man when it comes to work. I advertise, I mail, I distribute, I take care of a lot of general admin duties AS WELL AS doing actual tax returns and keeping up with my own month to month clients financial statements. All of that happened AFTER tax season last year so I was really only doing one thing through April 15. This year its different and I don't think that anyone has noticed that yet. I know that we are all busy but I have had a lot more laid on my plate and as it tends not to do, the day has not added hours. We will see.

On a brighter note, it is calm around the office and everyone seems to be in generally high spirits, laughter abounds and people arent grouchy and moody. I am sure that too will change once the flurry of paper and phone calls starts. The deluge is set to begin the first week of February which I can say, I am NOT looking forward too.

Tax season, its incredible on this side of the fence. Saturdays, weeknights until 8. I will basically move into my office. How exciting. What is to become of my Dallas watching nights??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home