Random Thoughts and Raves

Monday, January 30, 2006

Oddities and an Introduction

I am late in doing this. Similar to most things in life, my blog is somewhat backwards. There was really no introduction I just sort of started blogging. So people running across my first blog I am sure were thinking, WHO IS THIS GUY, what is his story and why is he ranting about the North Dallas Tollway. Today, I decided that i needed to introduce me in my own very special way. Its long and drawn out but I have 23 years to cover people.

I grew up in Jacksonville, Arkansas. Sort of. I loved riding horses when I was younger. I had several. I was a child of divorce at 8 and of remarriage at 13. I graduated from North Pulaski High School in 2000. I was in drama. I was named the Best Public Speaker in Arkansas in 2000. I was in Student Council. My first job was at the Gap in McCain Mall, North Little Rock, then Banana Republic, Little Rock. I went to the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. I joined a fraternity. I was Vice President of said fraternity when I came out of the closet. I have received hateful voicemails because of that. I had a Mustang GT convertible that I LOVED. I moved to Little Rock from Fayetteville for a boy. I worked for an interior decorator and a salon. I managed a cable company. I moved to Dallas. I have a gay brother. I have a straight brother. I have a niece whom I adore but who intimidates me. I have a BEAUTIFUL sister-in-law. I work for an accounting firm in Dallas. I love the smell of fresh laundry and the new car smell of Toyota and Honda. I used over 2000 minutes on my cell phone last month. I want a dog. Not just any dog, I want a standard poodle. I LOVE sunglasses. As an accessory. I have five pairs that I reguarly wear. I think the Toyota 4Runner is the best looking sport utility ever made. I LOVE cars. If I were a credit card, I would be American Express because there is no limit to what I can do when I put my mind to it. I have experienced great love and the heartbreak that sometimes accompanies that. I LOVE red wine. Drinking it, learning about it, everything. I love red. My kitchen is painted purple. I bought a duvet cover from the kids section at Ikea. Netflix is the greatest idea yet regarding movie rentals. Joan Crawford is the most FABULOUS of all the old actresses. I think that women without makeup are more beautiful than with it. I have a secret crush on Paul Wall. Music from my years in college makes me happy. I have a tattoo on my shoulder blade. I forget its there. I have girly handwriting. I am concerned about the future of this country. I am a member of the North Texas GLBT chamber of commerce. I believe that gay people should be allowed civil unions. White carpet and Ben Stiller movies make me nervous. I do my best thinking in the shower. I think that a man with a little scruff is sexy. I am a cuddler. I love to stand in the rain and let it drench me. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I still believe in the inheirant good in all people. I am considering Buddhism as a religion. I worry about nothing. A lot. I like to walk around in my apartment with no clothes on. My fridge has condiments in it. Thats it. My favorite french fries are from Chik-Fil-A and I love to dip them in mayonnaise. But only there packaged mayo. I have cried in public for no apparent reason. I got my first speeding ticket at 17, ssssshhhh, my mother doesn't know. I tried to get out of it by pretending to cry. It didn't work. I name my cars. Raven, Skyy, and Nigel. I love when I go and visit my brother that his standard poodle, Sage, jumps up and puts his paws on my chest. I also love that he walks over and puts his head in my lap. I have Louis Vuitton luggage. It may be fake, it may be stolen. It looks real and I didn't pay 2000 dollars for it. I WILL go to Greece in my lifetime. I have read the Gucci family biography. I think that I am an intelligent person. I like problem solving. I like to give advice to my friends. I can be quick-witted, sarcastic, and have a dry sense of humor. I can say some REALLY funny stuff. I have said some really stupid things. "Dora the Explorer is Asian." Thats right I said it. I love music. I know the lyrics to most songs. I love to dance and I am good at it. I have an unmeasurable amount of respect and love for my mother. Pep Rallies for Razorback games are the most fun event that I have ever been to in my life.

These are a few things. There are a lot more but I guess that to really know everything about me you have to know me. So to my internet family. Hi, I'm Britt and this is about 1% of what makes me, me.

3 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger Boy from Stage Left said...

Okay Okay Okay, I moved to Little Rock for BRAD. THATS RIGHT FOR BRAD BRAD BRAD. Crazy. check out his blog, jasonbradburleson.blogspot.com I am on there. LOL

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger ninjapoodles said...

Razorback. Pep. Rallies.

I don't even know who you are.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I mean really....Dora...Asian!?! You need to do some studying on your hispanics...I will be glad to help. ;)

There I read it! I am ready for the quiz!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home