Random Thoughts and Raves

Monday, January 30, 2006

After Market Alarms and Love Field


In Dallas, there are two airports. DFW, which is WAY far away from me and Love Field which could be in my bathroom. I am not sure. Daily, Southwest planes fly overhead and I have gotten used to the roar. In fact, I think that if asleep a plane could land in my bedroom and I might roll over.

Recently, there has been a new resident move into my fine apartment complex. In their wisdom, they installed the ever famous after market car alarm. i.e. punishment for the innocent. After installation this person had the sensitivity monitor set to feather duster and therefore it is continuously going off. It discriminates at no time, as alarms should do but at the same time, I do not like being awakened at 3 in the morning to the siren peels. Interesting concept right, a Boeing 737 can't wake me but a car alarm can. This because the jets are breif and far away and the alarm is next to my window.

If it were on a vehicle that, oh I don't know, NEEDED an alarm I might be slightly more forgiving but seriously, NO ONE WANTS TO STEAL YOUR 1984 Impala. So as I sit here, blogging, I listen to its alarm alerting the owner that there could possibly be an intruder somewhere in the vicinity getting ready to make off with his precious vehicle and leave him stranded forced to take DART to work or wherever it is that he goes. What I have realized in the past is that there is often a 'boy who cried wolf' affect. Pretty soon, you begin to ignore the alarm thinking that it is just another false alert, only to end up seeing an empty space where your car used to be. I can only hope for this. Either that or a Southwest jet to land ON the car. That would be okay too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home