Random Thoughts and Raves

Monday, September 11, 2006

Carry yo ASS......

Lets catch up with what Britt has been up to for the past couple of weeks shall we?

Its obvious that I had a birthday, YAY!!, HOORAY!!!, you are now in your mid twenties, CRAP!. It was a tough birthday that made me think a lot more than the others have up until now. I connected a lot of actions and responsibilities with 24 that I never have before and too a step back as to where I was and what I was doing in comparison to what I wanted to be doing at 24 when I was say 19. I am on track although I would really like to be a homeowner. Well, whatever all in good time my dear watson.

I went and saw World Trade Center last week and let me just state the obvious here. Its a tear jerking mess. Even for me and as we all know, I am dead inside. No emotions, ever. So about 3/4 of the way through the movie I started crying and acting like some driveling slob but it was necessary because it was a tragic day in the life of Americans. One we shall not soon forget......

Okay, so let me just TELL you about the movie experience. We go, buy the tickets, yadda yadda....but not before I saw a shirt in Express that I HAD to have. So armed with an Express bag and a bucket of Diet Coke purchased for the bargain basement price of 29.95 we head to our movie. There was a group of what appeared to be pre teens in the lobby who seemed to be experiencing the early signs of hearing loss and I kept thinking, "Please God, don't let them be in my movie". Sadly, they were. But let me tell you the power of this movie. First shot, they were so quiet I forgot they were there until one of the girls began to have a nervous breakdown.

Now I realize that this movie is absolutely one of the most devistating because it has to do with ACTUAL tragedy. But seriously, I thought that this girl was beginning to have a breakdown. Wailing, crying, sniffing, all of it. AND LOUD. Now all of this stopped when her phone rang in the middle of the movie and apparently "Karen and Shawn broke up"

This announcement sent the entrie row into a scurry of whispers and gasps. Obviously, Karen and Shawn were going to "be together forever" well at least, until Shawn found a cheerleader with bigger boobs and Karen found a football player with a better Range Rover. But I digress...

Life has been moving along rather swimmingly with no major bumps and or drama to report. There is of course drama, of which I choose to remain nuetral and not participate and FAR be it for me to spread gossip. I never repeat it so you better listen closely the first time.....

I have met a boy. Hes a cute boy. We have been out several times and its great to meet someone who is just calm and not in a hurry and knows how to take an afternoon and spend it. Not rush here and there with this person and that. Just take an afternoon and have a great time. We have been out several times and the more I know, the more I like. We shall see where it goes.

I am taking it one day at a time. Not stressing about where and when this is going to go. Its a different approach and one that I have begun to enjoy. Its great to talk and just be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home