Random Thoughts and Raves

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Tour of Duty

Thats it, I have discovered it. I am in hell.

LOL.

No not really but I have come somewhat close to it.

My therapist totally called it when I decided to make the break with my once painful lover, liquor, that I would no longer find the same activities amusing. Last night I had a going away party to attend. I would have rather I don't know paved Interstate 30 with one inch tile from beginning to end than show up but I have to stay social. So I go, I'm there, blah.....

I left the party and met the rest of the crew out on the strip and partook of water. Me drinking water, while everyone I am with drinks copious amounts of lliquor does NOT make for a good time for Britt. Don't get me wrong I mean I don't mind that people are drinking around me, that bothers me none. The ridiculous behavior that ensues is what irritates me. For some reason girls tend to believe that they must shreik for some reason. I am not particularly sure as to WHY this is a necessary activity but it seems to be.

I am still secure and confidant in my decision to give up liquor. I doubt that I will give it up for life but certainly for a few months.


Lets face it, I was overindulgent. Okay forget overindulgent I was borderline Betty Ford okay. God, I hate it when you judge me.

OH!!! So Ron (the boss) leaves for the weekend right to go to Florida or California or Wisconsin I don't know I wasn't paying attention but whatever, so I am housesitting and watering plants and decide that I am going to use the scale. We all know how I feel about those. Satans earthly form.

So anyway, I use the scale. What I see reading back at me has to be some sort of HORRIBLE lie. 194, there is NO way that I weigh 194. I was thinking more of the 210. So I guess it has to be the truth or at least I am just going to choose to believe it.

Tonight, I am going to do something that I havent done since I was 12 and my mom asked me if I was going to the Marilyn Manson concert, STAY AT HOME. That is insane I know for a mid-20s untroll like gay man to do while living in Dallas. I need some serious me time.

3 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger Maidy said...

OMG! Sweetie, you sound so much like me when I was in my mid-20's.

I found myself hitting the clubs rather hard, so I took a step back from the drinking aspect. I also went one further and stopped dating. I felt I needed serious me time, also.

I used to wonder if it was a gay thing. Years later, through different jobs, I found other non-gays who went through the same crap.

The point is (and there is one), we all go through a time where we need to be with numero uno, yourself.

Looking back, for the most part, it was the best thing I ever did.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Maidy said...

Good heavens, I think I've never mentioned to you that I am a bi-sexual who leans toward the lesbian side. That explains me mentioning being gay.

That fact I'm married to Geo? I said I "lean", not fall over the ledge. ;)

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Maybe something else may have come of your weekend. hmm..never know...

But I am going to have to apologize for the alcohol and crazy screaming girls and forgetting about the not drinking thing, which will not be forgotten.

Maybe we should find you a nice boy to go out with to dinner this week!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home