Random Thoughts and Raves

Monday, March 13, 2006

Back In Full Effect

I'm back. Its been a while since the last post but tax season and everything has been working me out. Seriously. I worked close to 60 hours last week trying to get a handle and some control on all the work that seems to have fallen from the sky and landed on my desk. Its a whirlwind of activity around here like you WOULD NOT believe.

Last week was one thing, work. So much work that I got past all of the depression like thoughts that were circling. Like I have always said, there are good days and bad. The weekend was pretty exciting. Saturday night I went to a suprise 50th birthday party for my friend Blakes mom. All day long she was irritated because she wanted to spend time with Blake and he kept having to push her off because we were running around trying to get the last minute details together. She was sufficiently suprised especially when she saw me because she thought that everyone was going to dinner to celebrate and I told her that I couldn't make it which she was incredibly disappointed about. Of course, we were putting her on so that she would be really suprised. She was. We had a great time and I met some really cool people. We went from there and moved on to the local drinking establishment and partied it up.

The interesting encounter came in the afternoon shopping for a new black shirt to wear to the party. It was the 'Over the Hill' theme and everyone had to wear black. Of course, I own 400 black shirts but I wanted one with some POP to wear to the celebration. So armed with tennis shoes and a credit card, Blake and I hit Northpark Mall in search of the perfect black shirt for me to wear.

After going in nearly every store, Dillards, Foleys, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Kenneth Cole, Banana Republic, etc. we make our way to Guess as a last hope. They had a really cute shirt that was ON SALE, MY FAVORITE!!!!!

After grabbing it and making my way to the cash register I was attacked by a sales girl. Now let me describe because she was not just any sales girl. She was about 5 feet tall, thin, probably in her late teens or VERY EARLY twenties. She was dressed in typical Guess employee garb. Her eye makeup is what I was concentrated on. It appears that a tube of glitter exploded on each eyelid. NO LIE!!!

Sales Girl: ARE YOU READY (Valley Girl accent)

Me: Yeah, I am

Sales Girl: You don't want to TRYYYYY it ONNNNN?

Me: No, I just want to buy it

Sales Girl: THATS AWESOME, you came in and found what you wanted and now you are gonna get it, YAAAAAAAAAAY, AAAAAAAAAA.

Me: yes

Sales Girl: Was anyone helping you today?

Me: Not really so I guess you.

Sales Girl: YAAAAAAAAAAAY, you are my first sale of the day, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

There was literally screeching and screaming happening from her every two or three sentences so you can imagine how this would get all up on your last nerve. By the time that I had gotten my bags I was WORN out. As you can imagine.

Other than that, good weekend. Great times with a lot of fun people.

Back to the salt mines.

And as far as the other in this office that has been up on my nerves. I bet if he acted a little more put out with his job then MAYBE it would all be better. LOL. I am laughing for that is all that I can do.

3 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Tony said...

you should have found a hanger, straightened it out and stabbed her in the eye.

"Guess what, Nikki... you're my first KILL of the day. YAAAAAAAAAAY, AAAAAAAAAA."

Course.... i'm just bitter.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Virginia Gal said...

See cause you're a cute guy you got such friendly service, if it was me she would have been like
"this is?"
"total blah blah" and no thank yous or have a nice day. I get treated the worse by teenage girls - drop the 'tude chicky' you're working at Guess not the White House!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Maidy said...

I concur with VG. Bubbles was all sugary on you 'cause you are a hot little cutie.

*smooch*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home