Random Thoughts and Raves

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Lifestyles of the Rich and Stupid





Interesting news story that I ran across yesterday. According to police and the ever famous, Kidd Kraddick in the Morning, two 17 year old girls decided that they would race the exotics that their daddies no doubt fawn over daily.

One of the girls, whose father owns the exotic car dealership in Dallas, was driving her fathers 300K dollar Lamborghini Murcielago, pictured here in yellow.

The other girl was driving her fathers extremely rare and VERY expensive Ferrari Enzo. There are only about 50 of these jobbies in the country and they are valued at about 2 million bucks. See example here in red.

They race and evidently they have NO experience and NO business driving these cars so they run head long into each other. Of course, you knew that was coming because it wouldn't be news if they raced and went home and no one knew about it. Obviously, these cars are not 1970s Detroit steel so they are not meant to really protect you when you get in an accident.
The girls of course had sideline watchers and lambo girl sent her brother to the hospital. The girls went to the hospital with bumps and bruises but believe me, if that was MY child, she should be more concerned about the wrath of Dad than the pain of the car accident.

Here is what these cars look like now.
What is an appropriate punishment for wrecking your dads 2 million dollar Ferrari?















Authors Note: Thanks to some nudging from Maidink, I did a little bit more research on this story. I found out that it is a complete hoax. It started off in new Jersey and then the author somehow decided that Dallas was a better location for it. While its more than likely fake, its still an interesting contemplation. What is a suitable punishment for wrecking a 2 million dollar car?

3 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger Maidy said...

According to this blog (or pseudo-blog) site, the story is a hoax.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Right, commenting on the sunglasses post in this post (I'm a rebel, I know).

I don't get why those girls asked you about the sunglasses, they look fine to me - what kind of car were you driving again? Sounds like they were flirting. Weird.

oh and thanks for the tip on leather pants, not that I've ever had the urge to touch a strange man's leather pants, but should it arise, I won't do it : )

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger ninjapoodles said...

There was, however, in the last week a mysterious incident with a very similar looking red Ferrari "busted in half." I think I saw it on boingboing.net. If I can find it again, I'll send you the link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home