Random Thoughts and Raves

Friday, February 10, 2006

Robbed by a Mexican Restaurant

Ron (my boss) and I went to eat at a Mi Cocina a local mexican place that is super good. We go eat, pay, my total was like 16.85 with tip right? I look at my bank account the next day and there are two authorizations for the same amount, no big deal. They havent actually HIT the bank yet, but I watch it. Yesterday, I look at the account again and they have BOTH posted to my account. No big deal because it is 17.00 but it is still the principle of the matter that they stole my $17 dollars.

I call and the lady informs me that her supervisor wanted to talk to me and offer me a gift card and invite me back to the restaurant. Okay great, but he wanted to tell me himself. Fine. Get supervisor on the phone.

He gets on the phone, HEAVILY accented English and tells me that instead of refund my money, they want to give me a gift card and invite my back to the restaurant. NOW WAIT. I was double charged so I am in fact PAYING for said gift card. Does this sound like they are robbing me gunpoint? Yes, I thought so. He refused to refund the money because of some higher authority authorization process or something. Irritated and flustered I hung up and called Chase bank and disputed the charge. My bank told me not to worry that they would take care of it.

I was robbed. They tried to trick me. Worst of all, they tried to trick an accountant. THAT IS MY JOB to keep up with peoples money. They knew it too. My fax cover has the name of the CPA firm that I work for written really big on it. IDIOTS!!! NEVER AGAIN

2 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Maidy said...

Wow, now that's a pretty effed up way to get in revenue. "Oh we'll give you a Gift Card instead of refunding you the double charge." Uh, no.

You did the right thing. I wouldn't patronize the place again. We accounting/car loving types have to stick together.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger ninjapoodles said...

You realize now that every blog-reading, lurking freak in town is going to show up at the place of work you NAMED. You're going to make me come down there, aren't you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home