Random Thoughts and Raves

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Car Fanatic Gone NUTS!!!!

In previous blogs, I have made mention of the fact that I am a car FANATIC. I don't really understand WHERE it came from, but as far back as I can remember, I have always loved cars. Driving them, reading about them, looking at them. EXAMPLE: When I was young, my father and I used to go every Saturday and look at cars. Just look, somtimes we would drive them. I remember one in particular Saturday there was a hunter green Mustang convertible at the local Ford dealership and we drove it with the top down. From this, sprouted my love for a convertible.

I also remember riding in my first Mercedes.
It was one of those FABULOUS, JR Ewing style 80s Benz sedans and it was a diesel. You could hear it coming for miles. SO AWESOME. (Sound familiar, Belinda?) That and the TANK, the Mercury Cougar that was as big as my current apartment. I tried to find an exact pic of said TANK like car BUT I didn't know what year it was. I DO remember that it was red and people would get OUT of your way when you were in it.

Anyway, while perusing some of my car publications (Car and Driver, Motor Trend, and Automobile magazine) I found this car.




It is a concept car at the moment but Rolls Royce is seriously considering producing it. GOOD LORD!!!! It is a two door convertible based on the current Phantom body style. A total throwback to the days of the 'Sunset Boulevard' style of GIANT convertible that sucks gas but looks totally fabulous doing it. Estimated cost for this car, $465,000 dollars. Yes, DOLLARS. Needless to say, I will have to go around the corner to my local Rolls Royce/Bentley dealership and drool but not to close.