Random Thoughts and Raves

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Personal Space


Your personal space is a very delicate and sometimes precious thing. Like air, it isn't really noticed until you don't have any.

Take this afternoon, for example. I went to the Post Office to buy 2 cent stamps. While standing in line waiting for the next counter person, a man got in line behind me. Apparently he thought that if he got RIGHT NEXT to me the line would move faster. Becoming increasingly aware of how close he was to me, I moved slightly forward and to the side. He took this as his chance to get closer. It made me INCREDIBLY uncomfortable almost to the point of screaming and running out of the office. Finally, the next counter person was available so I went and purchased my stamps. Before I left, I looked back and he was leaning over the counter trying to conduct his business with the person behind the counter. Obviously, this man did not learn that you should give people their space.

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger Tony said...

people who do that creep me out, too. I appreciate the comfort level is enough that you feel okay to share my pant legs with me, but BACK THE HELL OFF!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home