Random Thoughts and Raves

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My Girlfriend?


I am feeling better, all I have to say is thank God for these little puppies. They seemed to have knocked that strep right out of his place in my throat. Look Mom I can eat again without wincing in pain.

At about 130 this afternoon I went out on a trip. Not necessarily going anywhere but I HAD to get out of my apartment. I was going stir crazy. First of all, there is nothing on TV past 12 that I want to watch unless I am interested in

A)Who someones baby daddy REALLY is

B)Watching random people sue one another over the toaster that he/she broke while moving out of the shared abode.

C)Nick Cannons Wild N Out on MTV that seems to run on repeat.

I got out and drove around for a bit to just listen to music and enjoy the beautiful weather that we are having here today. I feel slightly guilty for skipping work but I feared that I might still be contagious, so I will get over it. Anywho, I am at a stop light sitting next to a pair of MAYBE 16 year olds in school uniform garb listening to Ashlee Simpson in their convertible BMW. Yeah, puke on them for both counts of heresy. Anyway, they motion for me to roll my window down, so I do and this happens

The Plastics: Did your girlfriend pick those sunglasses out for you?

Me: (Slightly confused about the thought of having a girlfriend) manage to stutter out, No, I don't have a girlfriend.

This sent them into some sort of giggling seizure as they sped off and let me totally confused as to what just happened.

I admit that my sunglasses have thrown some attention my way in the few months that I have had them but never has anyone asked if my girlfriend picked them out. That is amusing in and of itself, for if I HAD a girlfriend, I don't think that my sunglasses would be her first choice for me to wear. Maybe for HER to wear but not so much her boyfriend. See pic of them below.


Now, I may be wrong so the straight women back me up on this fact. Belinda, would you ever let Alex wear these? Maidink, can you imagine Geo in his big truck running around in Diors? Shannon and Vic, would you put your men in these? Well, maybe Vic. I think that G would look particularly catching in these. Shannon, these do not allow for good hunting goggles so I think no for John.

Those silly girls, they should learn if they havent by now that straight men USUALLY do not run around in a red sports sedan wearing Christian Dior sunglasses. Is it actually possible that bleach can bleed into someones brain. These girls were no stranger to the beauty salon, but I always thought that was an urban legend. In this case, it may just be true.

3 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger Robby Johnson said...

Hey Boo, I think that was the Plastics' way of asking you if you were The Gay. You can only hope they sped off to have a flat tire in the barrio. and, for the record, those are the gayest. sunglasses. ever. But they are hot.

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger ninjapoodles said...

I agree with robby's assessment. And as for Alex, if he wanted to wear them (and he might), I would have ZERO influence convincing him to do otherwise. I know because of the blue-lensed tsetse-fly wraparounds that finally thank the merciful heavens got broken.

I think his problem with those particular shades would be the same as mine--not the style, which is cool, but the big "DIOR" plastered on the side. Something about me paying someone money to advertise FOR THEM gets stuck in my craw. I love Coach bags and shoes, but I will not buy anything from the "Signature" series, no matter how cute. Irksome.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Maidy said...

Sorry I'm tardy on answering.

Ummm, Geo doesn't wear much of anything with a logo on it. He's even leary about wearing the Cabela's logo.

He doesn't shy away from anything, though. But, the style of those glasses? Seriously doubt they would be on his face.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home