Random Thoughts and Raves

Monday, February 13, 2006

Work-Enthusiasm=Nothing Accomplished

Its Monday. Fantastic. After the weekend of failure, thats right, I went to the bar, AGAIN. I can't stand it. I think that I have the addiction and the worst part is that I didn't even have to have my arm twisted it just kind of happened. On a better note, it was just a fun celebration of being alive. Nothing exciting or dramtic happened and I didn't get torn down, snot slinging drunk either, just enjoyed a few beverages and people watched. That is the most interesting of all the things that I can think to do is just people watch, especially when they play a particularly lively song and the natives get restless.

I did come in contact with a drag queen that was SO overdone I was frightened when she made her appearance at our table and said "So this is where all the hotties are tonight." MAJOR collagen involved in her look. Possibly the most overexaggerated features I have EVER seen.

Yesterday, after the Saturday night festivities, I went to my brothers and had dinner with he and his partner, played with my nephew poodle and then came home to watch the dramatic conclusion to Greys Anatomy. I LOVE THAT SHOW!!! Anyway, my throat had started with the scratchyness at this point, meaning that I would get very little sleep last night. Fact. I tossed and turned and COULD NOT get comfortable all night long. Needless to say when my alarm peeled at 730 this morning I was NOT in the best of moods. That has thus turned into one of the most unproductive days in recent memory. I have a short temper and could explode at any moment for little to no reason.

My throat is still scratchy and I hope to God that I am not coming down with strep or something worse, although it serves me right. Will report back on the status of my fever.

2 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Maidy said...

If you think you have an addiction, you don't have an addiction. You just like going out and the bar is the option. i was the same way at your age (but I worked at a bank, not an accounting firm).

And it's Monday. For some reason, it seems everyone is a bit short today.

Status of the fever? *maidink scans the post* You didn't mention a fever. Goofy. :)

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Tony said...

Don't let Maidink get you down, bubba.... she thinks she owns the world.

Feel better!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home