Random Thoughts and Raves

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Its Here

The monster that the tax profesionals all either dread or love has descended upon me. Either you love tax season because it is a major money maker or you dread it because it is such a stressful time in your life. Long hours combined with extreme mental exertion can take its toll not only on your body physically but on your mood.

I am generally a happy and pleasant person. I like to sing and listen to music when I am at desk because I believe that no matter how much work piles up on my desk or how upset I am that I am super busy, the work does not care. If I am unpleasant and angry then that only causes the people around me to feel that as well and it can make for a difficult and tense working environment.

There is a particular person that this always seems to affect no matter how many times they have been through it. For some reason, the busy season is not a chance to make the day pass quickly as it is an excuse to be angry and cause a general feeling of uncomfort.

The smallest conversation can almost make you want to run screaming into a corner and hide for the remainder of the day. I have chosen to come into my office, close the door and try and get as much work done as possible. I try and not let their attitude affect my day but it is very difficult. I don't really know how to deal with someone whose every word has a poisonous like tone to it. It gets inside of my feeling for the day and just ruins it. Slamming doors and tension so thick that it could get cut with a knife leaks its way into my emotions and causes a tired sense of self. My spirit seems to diminish during this time of year. I just want to come to the office, work hard, and let it be as pleasant as it possibly can be although I do not feel as though I can here. Laughter and any sign of happiness is scrutinized and looked upon disapprovingly. I feel that it is something that my once upbeat and jovial heart can only deal with for so much longer.

How do you deal with an emotion that is totally foreign to everything that you have ever felt?

3 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Robby Johnson said...

yes, it's called general apathy. the truth is, i really probably don't care where work is concerned.

xoxo

r.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Maidy said...

Sounds like fun. Well, no, not really.

Good luck

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Virginia Gal said...

man, we must be working at the same place. Of course sometimes I'm the person with the bad mood.
I think squirrelling away from downers is your best bet, that or just going up to them and asking, "what's your problem?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home