Random Thoughts and Raves

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Judith

GREAT NEWS!!! I have located and secured a new condo to live in with my buddy Blake. It has been a long and difficult road but finally it has come to an end. A client of mine has had a condo in the Oaklawn area of Dallas that has been sitting empty for a while and we noticed that when preparing his tax return this year. So, knowing that I needed a new trailer, Ron called and started negotiating a deal with him for me to lease it from him.

We went and looked at it last weekend and it is SO super cute. Correction, CAN be so super cute. It is quite apparent that someone with very little imagination or creativity lived there previously. It is a 60's building that has been updated with new appliances and the like. Of course, I am going to go in and paint, put rugs, art, etc. around and make it fabulous.

The interesting thing about it is the number of mirrors that are hanging on the wall. They arent necessarily FRAMED mirrors just big sheets of mirror on the wall. I am NOT a fan. I have never really cared for random mirrorness in my house. The MOST interesting one is on a wall in the living room that has another mirror about 1x1 in the center with a drawing of a woman sitting at a table brushing her hair. Always quick and thinking, Blake and I have named her Judith and she will sit in the wet bar area and watch over our stash of liquor.

It will be cute and it is a great size for the two of us. It is also WAY super cheap. We are talking $800 a month cheap. There are multiple half to a million dollar condos all around it. The neighborhood is AWESOME and try finding a 2 BR/BA in Oaklawn for that price. PLEASE!!!

Move in day is June 1 but we will get in there and clean and paint and all that probably before then since I have a key already. I will take before and after pics so that you can appreciate the intense amount of work that we are going to put in it. Its a great raw shell but will be a diamond when we get finished.

5 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Congrad's! Can't wait to see the pictures....mirrors all over the place makes me think of creepy lounge lizard type guys who sleep with a lot of women. Gross.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Robby Johnson said...

Are you freaking kidding me? Dude, I'm so coming to visit.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger ninjapoodles said...

My house payment isn't even that much, you big-city freak. ;-)

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger ninjapoodles said...

Also, my mom is not happy that you named your booze-guardian after her.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Judith? Hmm it reminds me of that scary ass painting Phoebe tried giving away to Monica and Rachel on Friends...I think it was named Phyllis...the mannequin that was bald..maybe you seen it maybe you havent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home