Random Thoughts and Raves

Monday, November 13, 2006

Incredible Weekend to Remember

This weekend was my first time in attendance to the annual Dallas/ Ft. Worth Federal Club Black Tie Dinner and let me just tell you that it was an incredible event that I am already looking forward to being able to experience again next year.

Every year, the Black Tie Dinner raises millions of dollars to help HIV/AIDS research as well as benefit the Human Rights Campaign in its equal rights for everyone lobbying.

It is an amazing night that is difficult to express but I was brought to tears several times in during the two hour dinner. Gena Davis and Alan Cummings both spoke and they were amazing and very inspirational in speaking about the fight for equal rights and what it will mean for the people of our community when one day we finally do receive recognition as equals instead of outcasts.

You have to imagine a room filled with 3,000 formally dressed people all laughing and indicating that not only was our lifestyle okay, it was fabulous and would continue to improve.

Words can't express my gratitude for my oppurtunity to be a part of that event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home